Exercise For Elderly
Regular exercise for elderly and older adults will provide the greatest degree of benefits. Most individuals get more out of their senior fitness programs when they exercise regularly (3 to five times a week) and when they incorporate different forms of training into their routine. Older adultsget the most benefit from a regular varied program.
Vitality For Life: Fitness for Seniors
- Try to do 15- 30 minute of continuous aerobic activity two to three times per week.
- Do balance exercises at a level that challenges you for a few minutes at least twice a week. Hold on to a chair for stability.
- Do core strength training on the same days that you do balance.
- Add weight training twice per week. Don’t exercise the same set of muscles 2 days in a row.
- Finally, include stretching exercises in every workout.
Consult a physician before you start any exercise program. This is general information and is not intended to diagnose any medical condition, replace your healthcare professional or substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The use of any information provided in this article is solely at your own risk.